Best of TheoryOverflow
The StackExchange site for theoretical CS discussion has been around for well over a year now, and it’s been host to a number of interesting threads. My favorites include:
- What’s new in purely functional data structures since Okasaki?
- Is Magic: the Gathering Turing complete?
- Can the cost of GC be neglected when analyzing the running time of worst-case data structures specified in a garbage-collected programming language?
- What would you advise someone who wants to do research as a hobby?
- Common false beliefs in theoretical computer science
- How do I choose a functional dictionary data structure?
- Powerful Algorithms too complex to implement
- How do you get a “Physical Intuition” for results in TCS?
- Axioms necessary for theoretical computer science
- Succinct data structures survey?
- Super Mario Galaxy problem
- Casual tours around proofs
- Original proofs generated on the parent site